WE ARE CURRENTLY OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS.
The basics of submitting to the magazine: We are looking for the best poetry, fiction, and nonfiction submissions from writers who are emerged, un-emerged, and every level of emergence therein. We want high-quality prose, verse, and artwork that is stirring, innovative, and multi-valanced. We are happy to look at writing in any form, from the most formally standardized to the most experimental, but we believe that form and function should stand hand-in-hand.
To submit your work, please e-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few important notes:
1. We only consider work that has not yet been published in print or online.
2. We absolutely accept simultaneous submissions, but please write to us if your submission (or a piece/pieces from your submission) are accepted elsewhere. Do this as a reply to your original e-mail. We will offer you our congratulations and a firm handshake.
3. We love hearing from you, but please handle all inquiries, withdraws, and additional submissions via your original e-mail chain with us.
4. Put all of your work in one file (.doc, .docx, or .pdf) and send it as an attachment, not as the body text of the e-mail. In the submission document itself, please include your name and e-mail address.
5. In the subject line of your submission, please include your name and genre, (e.g., "Addie Bundren, poetry").
6. Do not submit multiple submissions in the same genre. You're welcome to submit to us again as soon as we get back to you.
7. You may send us a brief, third-person bio with your submission, but this is not required. We will request this from you upon acceptance.
We aim to respond to all submissions within one month; please query if you haven't heard from us by then. Regretfully, we are currently unable to pay our contributors in anything but gratitude and good press. We look forward to reading your work.
Prose: Please send us pieces that are no longer than 5,000 words, and limit your submission to three pieces or fewer. We welcome short stories, essays, novel excerpts, flash fiction, prose poems, etc. Feel free to inquire via our contact page about pieces that are over 5,000 words.
Verse: Please send us up to 8 poems at a time, of any style. No length minimum or maximum, just make 'em sing.
Photos: Please send us up to 10 photos at a time. There are no specific content requirements, just show us what you've got. Please make sure they are low resolution (72 dpi) so that the e-mail processed successfully. Upon acceptance, we will inquire about higher-res versions. You can also submit a Dropbox/Google Drive link by sharing it with our G-mail address.
The basics of submitting to The Guestbook (our blog): We welcome unsolicited submissions for our blog year-round; we're constantly updating the content there. We're interested in book reviews, artist interviews, feature stories, photo essays, writer profiles--you name it. Please follow the same submission guidelines above to submit your work to The Guestbook.
Please feel free to contact us with questions or to query about a submission that falls left of our guidelines. (We're probably just as excited about it as you are.)
Note: By submitting to Guesthouse, you agree to subscribe to our mailing list. We won't send more than one e-mail per month. However, please let us know if you'd prefer to opt out.
Updated 24 February 2018